Aluminium Beams combine the benefits of strength, lightness and the ease of handling with consistency, versatility and exceptional durability. With an exceptional range of accessories, the beams form a complete system that can be used for virtually unlimited configurations and applications. RMD Kwikform has a portfolio of two Aluminium Beams: Albeam - 225mm deep heavy duty primary beam for slab support, with a very high bending and concentrated load capacity. Alform - 150mm deep beam designed for wall formwork and secondary bearer for soffit support applications.
- Aluminium Beams are always straight, simplifying and speeding up assembly.
- They have a consistent cross-section, eliminating time and cost implications of selecting and hand-finishing timber.
- They offer greatly increased bending and sheer resistance than timber, which means they are safer. They also allow more weight to be supported over greater spans with less equipment, saving time and costs.
- Aluminium Beams are lighter and easier to handle than timber, their unique profiles reduce damage. Alform Beams bevelled edges enable plywood sheeting to be stripped quickly and easily.
- Aluminium Beams can be re-used a number of times. When they finally reach the end of their useful life, their value is still around 25% of their original cost.